(Really - I got messages from friends in UK, America and Canada....)
Sunday night there was an explosion and then a fire at two buildings about 200 meters from Imagine on the main road. The real estate agent Apaman and the popular restaurant Umisakura.
Imagine classroom was not damaged in any way. This week roads in and around the area have been busy - the main is half open now.
Amazing. And scary. Amazing that nobody was killed. Last night I was teaching my regular staff class at KKR Hospital and heard about some of the injuries.
Sunday night I was home, watching cable TV. I heard the explosion, but I thought it was snow falling off my neighbor's roof. My cats were outside, so I was a little worried and I looked out the window. But a few minutes later the cats came home.
Then a friend messaged me to check if I was ok, because she was seeing information on the TV. After that I checked TV and Twitter. I thought about going to check on Imagine...but decided that TOKOU Store was probably a good protection against the blast.
Police and fire experts say that the accident was caused by staff at the Apaman office. They released gas from room deodorizer spray cans inside the office, and then ignited the gas by switching on a gas-powered hot water. Incredible!!!
HIragishi is still shocked. We all know these shops, have been to that izakiya....